Infrastructure Engineer (9 Month FTC)
Rocksteady Studios is an award-winning, critically acclaimed video game developer. Founded in 2004, we are home to the widely celebrated Batman: Arkham series of games. Our philosophy for game development is all about treating people well to create quality entertainment that stands the test of time. We're a one-project studio that built our success by combining genre-defining gameplay and character-driven cinematic narrative with AAA production values. Born in the heart of London, our multicultural team takes inspiration from the culture and history of our home in one of the most diverse cities in the world.
Your New Role...
We're looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to join the IT team who is ready for the challenge of working in a world class games development studio of over 250 employees.
This role supports a highly technical environment often working alongside developers to solve complex issues. This is a great role to grow your technology experience while having a vital impact on the efficiency of the studio and helping to make the best game we can.
The studio works in a hybrid model with this role expected to be on-site at least two days per week with additional days as needed depending on the work.
This role is awarded as a 9 month Fixed Term Contract, as paternity cover.
Your Role Accountabiltiies...
• Architect and design network, server & storage projects in conjunction with the IT Director
• Implement major internal IT projects
• Manage & maintain existing server, storage & networking infrastructure
• Provide 3rd Line Support for the desktop support team
• Managing, testing & maintaining backup systems
• Working on automations to improve efficiency
• Ensuring systems and the network are kept secure
Qualifications & Experience...
• Proven technical competency with:
• Next generation firewalls
• SAN technologies
• Server hardware
• Ability to write scripts in Python or PowerShell
• Knowledge of the Games development or other creative industries
• Experience with any of the following:
• Palo Alto
• Juniper switches
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqe9mx-18-205-26-39-42 in your application.