Houdini Technical Artist (FTC)
Rocksteady Studios is a member of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family, and the developer of the award-winning Batman: Arkham series of games. Our philosophy for game development is all about treating people well to create quality entertainment that stands the test of time.
We're a one-project studio that built our success by combining genre-defining gameplay and character-driven cinematic narrative with AAA production values.
Born in the heart of London, our multicultural team takes inspiration from the culture and history of our home in one of the most diverse cities in the world.
We are looking for a Houdini Technical Artist to join our tight-knit Procedural Tech Team to work on our upcoming title Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League.
The Procedural Tech Team sits under our general Tech umbrella, working closely alongside the Tech Anim, & Tech Art Teams. All amazing people of various backgrounds, truly passionate about tech and real time game development.
We are looking for someone who thrives on tackling technical challenges, has an eagle-eye for spotting inefficiencies & a proven passion for problem solving. You have excellent working knowledge of Houdini and this is your chance to put that full skillset to good use working with our world-class custom Houdini engine pipeline.
Under the direction of our Procedural Art Lead, you will work independently on the maintenance and improvement of procedural tools alongside the creation of new tools and pipelines where needed, taking full ownership over these & providing all necessary day to day support to ensure their smooth running.
You are a strong team player with the ability to work independently, think creatively and organise your time to maximise your impact.
You combine creativity & an inquisitive mind with great technical ability.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position, and once it's safe to return to the office can either be completed from our London HQ, fully remotely from the UK or some combination of the two.
• Maintain existing procedural tools & improve them where necessary.
• Take ownership over the development of production-ready procedural tools to assist in asset and environment creation.
• Provide day to day support for the Art and Tech teams.
• Recognise existing inefficiencies and pipeline issues and come up with creative solutions.
• Provide necessary support to other team members to enable them to complete their tasks in an efficient & consistent manner.
• Extended knowledge of VEX and Python.
• Extended experience of creating and maintaining SOP based tools.
• Extended experience and understanding of Houdini Engine.
• Solid understanding of art optimisation techniques.
• A strong artistic ability, shown preferably within real-time game engines.
• Understanding of 3D Math functions (linear algebra & vector maths) for real time graphics.
• Knowledge of the Unreal Engine toolset.
• Experience working as a Technical/Procedural Artist on a shipped title.
• Experience in creating and maintaining blueprint
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv133n-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.