Rocksteady Studios is an award-winning, critically acclaimed video game developer. Founded in 2004, we are home to the widely celebrated Batman: Arkham series of games. Our philosophy for game development is all about treating people well to create quality entertainment that stands the test of time. We're a one-project studio that built our success by combining genre-defining gameplay and character-driven cinematic narrative with AAA production values. Born in the heart of London, our multicultural team takes inspiration from the culture and history of our home in one of the most diverse cities in the world.
Your New Role…
Rocksteady is looking for a Senior Audio Programmer to join our dedicated and collaborative team working on our upcoming AAA title Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League.
The role has a focus on dialogue and the asset pipelines which support it. You'll be writing code, developing systems and improving workflows to deliver audio content end-to-end, from creation to playback in-game.
In collaboration with sound designers, programmers, leads and directors across the team, you'll be working in a range of areas, tools and programming environments, helping to keep us at the forefront of audio technology and enabling us to create the highest quality game experience for our players.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Writing C++ code to support complex dialogue playback in-game, from gameplay logic down to the low-level audio engine
• Driving dialogue features through all stages of production, including design, scheduling, implementation and polish
• Supporting and extending our Python-based audio asset pipelines, including those for dialogue recording, scriptwriting, localisation and cinematics
• Maintaining and developing our articy:draft import workflows, autogenerated speech, and Speech Graphics facial animation pipelines
• Transitioning our localisation systems from LocDirect to Gridly
• Longer term, porting some of our extensive Python toolchains over to C++ and Qt
• Collaborating with feature teams and content creators to give direction and feedback on content requirements, and to give guidance for our engine, tools and frameworks
• Being proactive and helping with problem solving in other audio and related areas
Qualifications & Experience…
• A good level of C++ and general technical ability
• An understanding of audio programming, audio asset pipelines, and game technology principles
• Professional game development experience on high quality projects
• Experience with Python or C#, Unreal Engine 4, Wwise, GUI design and programming preferred
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn43b5-3-237-29-69-42 in your application.