Counsel, Real Estate
New York, NY
Title: Associate General Counsel - Sports
Location: Roc Nation NYC Office (In-Person)
Who are we?
Since its founding in 2008, Roc Nation has grown into the world's preeminent entertainment company. We work in every aspect of modern entertainment-with recording artists and producers, songwriters and athletes. Our client list includes some of the world's most recognizable names: from Rihanna, J. Cole, and Big Sean to Kyrie Irving, Todd Gurley, Leonard Fournette, and Robinson Cano. We are a full-service organization, supporting our diverse roster of talent via artist management, music publishing, touring, production, strategic brand development and beyond. We've forged strong partnerships with the world's leading experts in artist management, technology, fashion, and philanthropy, and are redefining the business of entertainment.
Who are you?
Motivated, driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Roc Nation, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
Roc Nation, a Live Nation joint venture, is seeking an Associate general counsel- sports, who will report to the CEO. The position is based in our New York City headquarters and will play a critical role in the future growth and success of the most influential sports and entertainment agency in the world – Roc Nation. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, highly motivated individual who functions with confidence and expertise in a fast-paced and rapidly changing business environment.
• Structure, draft and negotiate various sports and player related agreements.
• Coordinate with outside counsel as needed.
• Coordinate with other areas of internal legal counsel.
• Develop and maintain a repository of legal resources that are required for company business needs.
• Organizing and maintaining a record-keeping system of the company's sports division legal and transactional documents.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Must have a J.D. and transactional legal experience at a large law firm that specializes in sports management, or at a sports management agency.
• Current active member, in good standing, of the New York State Bar or out-of-state bar association with eligibility to register as in-house counsel.
• Ability to multi-task, cover a high volume of deals, and work independently to structure, negotiate and expeditiously close both simple and complex transactions.
• Knowledge of the sports and overall entertainment industries and related legal trends and business practices.
• Experience working closely with sports agents.
• Experience working on deals with the NFL, NBA, and other national / international sports agencies.
• Ability to develop highly effective and productive working relationships within the sports department, sports world, and throughout Roc Nation.
• A strong work ethic with an eye toward action, change, speed and revenue growth strategies.
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at www.livenationentertainment.com/careers to join the Roc Nation and Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the US must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Note – Roc Nation benefits and policies differ from Live Nation.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.