Process Transformation Specialist
Warner Music Group
Los Angeles, CA
Title: Artist Manager
Location: Roc Nation Los Angeles, CA Office (In-person)
Who are we?
Since its founding in 2008, Roc Nation has grown into the world's preeminent entertainment company. We work in every aspect of modern entertainment-with recording artists and producers, songwriters and athletes. Our client list includes some of the world's most recognizable names: from Rihanna, J. Cole, and Big Sean to Kyrie Irving, Todd Gurley, Leonard Fournette, and Robinson Cano. We are a full-service organization, supporting our diverse roster of talent via artist management, music publishing, touring, production, strategic brand development and beyond. We've forged strong partnerships with the world's leading experts in artist management, technology, fashion, and philanthropy, and are redefining the business of entertainment.
Who are you?
Motivated, driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Roc Nation, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
As an Artist Manager at Roc Nation, you will manage a portfolio of existing artists to ensure that your clients are consistently receiving world class and industry changing management from Roc Nation. You are capable of building and leveraging a broad network of strategic and creative resources to generate impactful opportunities for your clients. You're comfortable interacting directly with artists, artist teams, and label executives.
A successful Artist Manager will set realistic expectations with their clients, deliver on those expectations, add meaningful value to their client's career, projects, ask the necessary questions, and provide top notch service to ensure we retain their business and enable their success.
Responsibilities/Key aspects of the role:
• Know how to effectively partner with and navigate artists with a wide range of personality types.
• Manage a portfolio of developing & established accounts.
• Provide clients with overall strategic guidance around managing all aspects of their career.
• Build and maintain a network of strategic and creative relationships, including but not limited to advertising, influencer, and social media agencies; content creators; publicists; radio promoters; A&R resources; sync licensing companies, brand agencies, and international strategists.
• Leverage the aforementioned network, and your own experience and personal network, to identify and generate opportunities to increase overall exposure, project exposure and revenue for your clients.
• Assist clients in establishing their release timelines and the flow of related marketing assets.
• Become a subject matter expert of all Roc Nation services to utilize across your portfolio of clients.
• Know how to work effectively with Roc Nation team such as marketing, digital and management.
• Know how to work closely and effectively with artist personnel such as tour managers, personal assistants etc.
• Know how to effectively manage budgets and work with promoters and business manager to ensure fiscal responsibly and profitability.
• Must have experience working with well known, A level artists.
• At least 7 years of progressive Artist management and marketing experience in the music industry.
• Comprehensive understanding of emerging and established streaming and social platforms.
• Comprehensive understanding of A&R, music publishing and live music touring.
• Familiarity with digital music distribution landscape.
• Dynamic and passionate music fan with a deep knowledge of Hip-Hop and R&B.
• Already has an established network within the music industry and relevant influencer communities.
• Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, communication, and time management skills as well as the ability to prioritize, multitask, and focus while working under ambitious and demanding timelines.
• Proficiency in digital productivity landscape including Microsoft Office & Google Suite, presentation building and various research/analytics tools.
• Constantly stays abreast of the evolving music technology landscape and entrepreneurialism in music. The ability to keep artists at the forefront of industry change to effectively manage their career.
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at www.livenationentertainment.com/careers to join the Roc Nation and Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Note – Roc Nation benefits and policies differ from Live Nation.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.