Senior Narrative Writer - League, Champions
Los Angeles, CA
Writer (Apex Legends Mobile)
The Respawn Apex Legends Mobile team is looking for an experienced Writer with expertise in character bio design to join our studio. You will report to our Creative Director, and as our team's first dedicated writer will play a key role in our game's development and success.
• Write character personalities, backstories, and dialogue.
• Develop story ideas using the game's vision with increased independence.
• Author story documentation and communicate to team for alignment.
• Collaboratively influence game, level, sound and art direction.
• Work with Design, Art, Animation, and Audio to develop detailed, cohesive characters.
• Find creative opportunities to tell a story in our battle royale without disrupting gameplay flow.
• Help write character-based trailers.
• Write and contribute to single season and multi-season story arcs.
• Write narrative pieces for Twitter and other social spaces.
• Pitch story ideas to members of different teams, and leadership.
• Ensure all details of their section of the game is up to par and being tracked.
• Attend recording sessions and ensure VO delivers on character and context.
• Help track, write, and organize conditional dialogue.
• Professional experience developing character bios for games or related industries
• Understanding of storytelling methods and games.
• Previous professional work as a writer for games, film, TV, fiction, or theatre.
• Experience with character-led storytelling.
• Baseline familiarity with Apex and Titanfall.
* Please provide character bio samples as part of the application process
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb7nj6-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.