User Interface Artist (Apex Legends)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
We're looking for a User Interface Artist who will help create a visually appealing user experience for Apex Legends. Reporting to our UX/UI Lead, you will develop beautiful and readable menus, icons, interfaces, and more to help create a seamless and enjoyable experience for our players.
What you'll do...
• Create visually appealing and informative user interface designs for use in game.
• you will contribute toward envisioning and executing on the look/feel of UI, menus, fonts, logos, etc.
• There may be opportunities to help contribute towards other in-game assets as well, such as iconography or signage.
• Collaborate with both your UX/UI teammates and other departments to help create the best UX/UI for the game.
• Have the opportunity to own your designs from conceptualization to shipping. As part of a small team you will have the opportunity to shine here.
Ideally, you also will have…
• An understanding of how to design a memorable logo and you know how to make a simple shape look elegant and appealing.
• Strong graphic design sensibilities and will use your eye for proportion, scale, color, shape, and perspective.
• 3+ years of professional game development experience, working in game engines.
• Mastery of relevant software packages such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
• A strong understanding of UI/UX development processes and pipelines.
• Motion graphics skills are a plus!
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed it.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com/perks.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb195o-54-198-139-112-42 in your application.