UI Artist (Apex Legends)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when accomplished people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
Apex Legends is looking for a User Interface Artist to come join us in expanding the Apex Universe at our growing Madison Wisconsin location.
Reporting to our UX/UI Lead, you will develop beautiful and readable menus, icons, interfaces, and more to help create a seamless and enjoyable experience for our players.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
What you will do…
• Work with the UI lead and other artists to establish the visual language and aesthetic of the UI
• Create high-fidelity screens, iconography, and interface components that align with UX/UI goals and accessibility standards
• Improve on visual concepts based on feedback, reference, and creative direction
• Work with engineers and UI technical designers to implement visual designs and assets
• Work with UX designers to build the player experience vision and goals
• Work with producers and directors to estimate and prioritize work
• Collaborative and inclusive attitude, learn, and adapt
• Present work and articulate rationale and design decisions
Ideally, you will have…
• 3+ years of professional game development experience, working in game engines
• Mastery of relevant software packages such as Photoshop and Illustrator
• A understanding of UX/UI development processes and pipelines
• Hands-on experience developing interactive user interfaces
• A strong understanding of graphic design principles, typography, layout, color, iconography
• Portfolio demonstrating unique art and design work
Nice To Have
• Motion graphics skill set
• Experience working in and with 3D assets
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk8y14-44-192-79-149-42 in your application.