Technical UI Designer (Apex Legends)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when accomplished people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
Apex Legends is looking for a Technical UI Designer to come join us in expanding the Apex Universe at our growing Madison Wisconsin location.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
Reporting to the Experience Design Lead, you will:
• Work with the (technical) UI lead and key stakeholders to design, script, and implement features into the game that align with gameplay goals, accessibility and technical standards
• Iterate on implementation based on feedback, design requirements, and creative direction
• Work closely with engineers, scripters, UX designers, and UI artists to implement features
• Work closely with producers and directors to estimate and prioritize work
• Collaborative and inclusive attitude with the ability to listen, learn, and adapt
Ideally, you will have…
• 3+ years of professional game development experience, working in game engines
• Experience working in a game engine, using code and scripting tools, and familiarity with IDEs, debuggers, and scripting languages.
• Experience in rapid prototyping to test the feasibility of concepts
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to polish features to a AAA quality
• A strong understanding of (UI/UX) design principles, typography, layout, motion, visual fidelity
Nice To Have
• CS degree or equivalent education
• Experience with large code bases
• Experience with other UI systems: UMG, Unity UI, Flash, ImGui, WPF, Qt.
• Passion for accessibility, and developing inclusive player experiences
• Experience working in and/or with 3D assets
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy2ow3-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.