Technical Sound Designer (Star Wars Team)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order, and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
We're looking for an experienced Technical Sound Designer who will embrace our culture and share their hard-earned expertise to create an incredible experience for our players. We want you to be passionate about making great games and demonstrate excellent sound design skills. If this sounds like you, please send us your resume along with a link to your sound design reel!
• Create, optimize, and manage systems for sound implementation using Unreal Blueprints and Wwise
• Provide clear documented guidelines for sound designers to make sounds compatible with these systems
• Assist sound designers as needed and demonstrate an understanding of our audio pipeline along with using our custom audio systems
• Create and implement sound assets
• Work with Animation, Mission Design, and other departments to help achieve excellent pairing
of audio and audio systems with their creations
• Work with QA to plan and support testing of sound
• Work with Engineering to ensure audio systems are performant and rock-solid
• Contribute to defining the tone and style of our audio direction
Requirements & Skills:
• 3+ years game audio experience
• Intermediate-Expert command of sound design and mixing skills
• Experience with Wwise and Unreal Engine 4
• Proficient with Unreal Blueprints
• Strong problem-solving skills
• C++ knowledge not required, but is a definite plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4y8e1-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.