Senior VFX Artist (Star Wars FPS)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
In collaboration with Lucasfilm, the Star Wars™ FPS Team is developing a new AAA FPS in the Star Wars™ galaxy. Inspired by classic titles like Dark Forces and Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2, our story-driven single player game is being developed from the ground up leveraging the power of Unreal Engine 5. We're combining this inspiration and technology with Respawn's pedigree for making best-in-class shooters to deliver a brand new experience our players will love.
We are recruiting for a Senior VFX artist to join our growing team. As a senior visual effects artist on the project, you will have the opportunity to work with a talented team of artists working on a huge variety of gameplay, ambient, and cinematic visual effects. You will work in a highly collaborative, iterative, multi-disciplinary team that is striving to make an incredibly rich, dynamic, and responsive FPS experience.
What You'll Do
• Build visual effects using UE5's Niagara, Material Editor, and Blueprints.
• Research and develop new techniques with other VFX artists, engineers, and directors.
• Help mentor other VFX Artists and lead by example.
• Coordinate with Art, Design, and Animation to ensure VFX match the quality bar and vision for the game.
• Fix VFX related bugs, including performance and budget issues.
• Help to improve technical pipelines and VFX creation techniques/tools.
• Follow a production schedule and deliver work on time.
Ideally, you will have
• A strong portfolio demonstrating your artistic and technical capabilities.
• Demonstrable ability to create beautiful and affecting visual effects for games, film/tv, or a combination of both.
• Experience working within a game engine, preferably Unreal Engine (Niagara).
• Strong understanding of real-time simulation, offline simulation, materials, and performance.
• Mastery of relevant software packages such as Houdini, Substance, EmberGen, Photoshop, After Effects and/or Maya.
• Shipped at least one real-time game project, preferably at a AAA quality and complexity.
• The ability to be self-sufficient, reliable, and responsible for large tasks.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed it.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com/perks.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $113,300 - $171,700
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $111,500 - $171,700
• Jersey City, NJ:
º $126,700 - $171,700
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $111,500 - $144,000
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $111,500 - $157,300
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro0yn6-44-192-254-173-42 in your application.