Senior Tools Engineer (Apex Legends)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
As a Senior Tools Engineer you will help build a cross-franchise tools team that focuses on a breadth of Tools that empower our content creators across multiple teams and projects to deliver their content faster and at a higher quality. In this role you will be taking bespoke tooling and helping convert it for scalability and utility across multiple Game Teams, often with different work styles and requirements
• Build, maintain, and extend internal tools designed to empower content creators.
• You will work closely with all disciplines on multiple game teams to gather requirements, collaborate on solutions and execute
• Gather and Synthesize requirements that extend tools to support a variety of different workflows across all Respawn game-teams
• Creates clear and concise documentation to support process and tooling.
• Able to identify blockers and work through challenging dependencies with internal and external partners
• Able to work independently when required.
• Passion for making and playing games.
• 4+ years of experience with C/C++ tools development in the video games industry.
• Experience with large code bases
• Experience writing performant code
Nice to Have
• Proficient in Python or other popular high level scripting language.
• Experience building game engine tools and tool chains.
• C#/.Net experience.
• Experience with Unreal or other Game Development Engines
• Experience with Central Tech/Supporting requirements from multiple teams
If all this excites you, then we want to talk to you. Don't let doubt deter you! We are an equal opportunity team excited about our next journey. Please submit your resume to apply. We will get back to you once we have a chance to review.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv54y7-3-225-221-151-42 in your application.