Senior Texture Artist (Star Wars Team)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
We are looking for a highly-skilled Senior Texture Artist to join our Star Wars team. Our ideal candidate is passionate about creating Materials, Textures, and Shaders, as well as defining processes that assist in all areas of texture creation. Supporting our Environment and Character teams, the Senior Texture Artist will be responsible for creating and maintaining a robust library of textures, colors and organic surface qualities as required for a broad range of 3d assets across production. We are picturing someone with strong artistic, technical, and organizational sensibilities who can embrace our game development philosophy and share their hard earned expertise to create an incredible experience for our players.
What you'll do...
• Work closely with Art Director, Art Leads, and artists to create performant high-fidelity texture maps for production assets.
• Create and maintain texture graphs and materials via Substance Designer.
• Develop Smart materials to aid artists in packages such as Substance Painter.
• Help build and maintain the team's Substance library.
• Perform quality control of texture maps prior to publishing to ensure consistency.
• Work with the Art Leads and Production to deliver actionable time estimates for texture/ material creation, and meet established deadlines while maintaining the highest quality standards.
• Occasionally create 3D models and UVs (high/low poly models) where there is bandwidth to do so.
• Create documentation, communicate requirements, and provide feedback to internal artists and outsourcing partners.
• Sharing techniques, reference material and ideas with the team.
• Supporting leads with mentoring and training more junior artists.
• Continuing to become familiar with new tools, software, data and other related technology.
Ideally, you will have...
• 5+ years experience as a professional Texture artist in AAA games.
• Strong understanding of PBR rendering and materials.
• Excellent grasp of strict environment art texel allocation and UV mapping.
• Proficiency in Substance Designer, Substance Painter, and Photoshop.
• Shader creation experience.
• Portfolio showcasing realistic, high quality game-ready textures which you have built. Examples of procedural textures used on props and environments.
• Strong time management and organizational skills, and an ability to prioritize work.
• Experience working with a game engine and implementing 3D work into engine.
• Strong leadership, mentoring, and teaching abilities.
• A commitment to creative collaboration within the team and with other departments. Open to direction.
• Attention to detail.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Passion for games.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com/perks.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8726x-3-235-227-117-42 in your application.