Senior Technical Game Designer (Apex Legends)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide.
Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond.
Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
Apex Legends team is looking for an experienced Senior Technical Game Designer who will develop deep and exciting gameplay systems. We're imagining someone with both the creative and technical skills to bring weapons, progression, abilities, and meta systems to life. You have a strong understanding of basic engineering principles, and value fun and fairness in a competitive multiplayer setting.
Ideally, you will have…
• 3+ years professional experience as a technical designer for games or similar role
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field
• Fluency in multiple scripting and programming languages
• A track record of driving features to completion
• A strong appreciation of competitive PvP games
• The ability to talk through difficult design problems
What You'll Do…
• Design, then implement gameplay systems and features consistent with project goals & tenets.
• Validate your gameplay hypotheses through rapid prototyping and team feedback.
• Be conscientious such that your work does not incur unplanned technical debt.
• Coordinate with different departments to build alignment and acquire the assets you need to ship features at a AAA level
• Make your gameplay inventions genuinely flavorful to players, enriching the fiction of the world without compromising playable function and the long-term health of the game.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk312q-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.