Senior Software Engineer
Remote / Virtual
Senior Software Engineer (Apex Legends)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
As a Senior Systems Engineer (R10) you will design, build, and maintain technology that enables the team to create engaging gameplay and fantastic experiences. You will work closely with other Engineers, Design, Art, Animation, and Audio to gather requirements, design, implement, test, optimize and enhance features and toolchain support for those features. You will have an opportunity to work on a wide variety of systems, including collision, physics, audio, low-level OS and hardware support, common libraries, data packaging, asset management, scripting language support, user input, debugging and profiling support, AI, general game simulation management, rendering support, and many others.
• Passion for making and playing games.
• Excellent C/C++ skills.
• 5+ years of experience.
• Excellent math skills with an emphasis on 3D math.
• Excellent understanding of computation and evidence-based optimization.
• Experience with large code bases and optimizing code, data, and bandwidth to improve both memory consumption and execution speed.
• Console programming experience on a multiplayer AAA game.
• 5+ years of professional experience as an engineer on a game team.
Nice to Have
• Shipped at least one AAA title
• Degree - Bachelor's CS/Math or higher preferred. ( Or Equivalent work exp)
• Engineering experience working with consoles (Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft)
• Engineering experience working with window PC ( Microsoft/Steam/Origin)
• Solid foundation in TCP and UDP networking.
• Prior professional experience as a respected engineer on a game team.
• Comfortable in/with Windows, Linux, Perforce, Visual Studio, curl, PHP, LUA/Squirrel
If all this excites you, then we want to talk to you. Don't let doubt deter you! We are an equal opportunity team excited about our next journey. Please submit your resume to apply. We will get back to you once we have a chance to review.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnjjjo-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.