Senior Software Engineer- Cinematics (Star Wars Jedi)
Respawn is looking for a Senior Software Engineer specialized in Cinematics to join the Jedi team on Unreal Engine 5. You will be the primary owner of the in-engine cinematics Sequencer system, and work to ensure it interfaces smoothly with both the external DCC tools pipeline and gameplay. You will work closely with multiple departments to help improve their workflows and tools to create world class storytelling through cinematics.
• Cinematic System Development: Design and develop advanced cinematic systems, tools, and pipelines that enhance the overall cinematic experience in the game.
• Workflow Optimization: Evaluate workflows and ensure other teams can quickly and easily implement animation, lighting, sound, VFX, and other assets in Sequencer using Unreal Engine 5.
• Ensure Quality: Be able to identify, diagnose, and solve issues as they arise in either the cinematics pipeline or in-game cinematics.
• Cinematic Tools: Create and maintain tools, scripts, and plugins to streamline cinematic production workflows, including both in-engine and out as the need arises.
• Collaboration and Communication: Work closely with cross-functional teams, including programmers, designers, animators, and artists, to ensure seamless integration of cinematic features and meet project goals and timelines.
• Documentation and Support: Document cinematic systems, APIs, and tools, providing clear instructions and guidelines to facilitate collaboration and future development. Provide technical support and troubleshooting assistance to the cinematic team as needed.
• Cinematic Expertise: Strong knowledge of storytelling in games, transitions in and out of gameplay from cinematics and production processes for cinematics creation.
• Unreal Engine 5: Proficiency in Unreal Engine 5's Sequencer system (both editor and runtime), including things like transitions, blending, and camera cuts. Should also have general familiarity with core Unreal concepts such as actor spawning, level streaming, and Unreal's Blueprints visual scripting.
• Programming Skills: Proficiency in C++. Familiarity with scripting languages (such as Python) and/or writing tools for DCC packages (such as MotionBuilder and Maya) is a major plus.
• Problem-Solving: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to diagnose and resolve complex cinematics-related issues.
• Team Collaboration: Excellent communication and teamwork skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with diverse teams and adapt to changing project requirements.
• Passion for Gaming: Enthusiasm for video games, with a deep understanding of how cinematics can enhance player immersion and experience.
'US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $149,150 - $233,500
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $136,000 - $233,500
• Jersey City, NJ:
º $171,100 - $233,500
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $136,000 - $190,850
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $136,000 - $218,900
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.'
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqe76m-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.