Senior Skybox Artist (Apex Universe FPS Incubation)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
We are seeking a highly-skilled Senior Skybox Artist to join join us on a brand new Respawn single player adventure.
This new singleplayer title is a developer's dream playground with a freedom to innovate made possible by the unique universe it inhabits. Our critically acclaimed, multi-platform games have traditionally established a ''fun comes first'' sensibility created with the notion that great ideas can come from anyone, which allows creativity to shine and individuals to shape the game in meaningful ways.
Our ideal candidate has experience working within AAA content production pipelines and a rich portfolio which showcases their ability to create compelling, immersive matte painting projections as well as high-quality 3D environments and assets. We're picturing someone with sensibilities and capabilities as both a 3D artist and a concept artist, who can embrace our philosophy and share their hard earned expertise to create an incredible experience for our players.
What you'll do...
• Bring life and excitement to the game through your design and implementation of compelling 3D matte painting projections, environments, and assets.
• Create highly detailed and realistic textures/materials that match the visual language of the universe.
• Coordinate with other artists, art leads, and designers to ensure all work matches quality bar and vision for the game.
• Ensure that all art assets are performant, and fit within their memory budgets. Fix bugs as needed.
• Conduct research for reference material, participate in photo shoots and help build our texture library.
• Follow schedule and deliver assets on time.
Ideally, you will have...
• 3+ years professional experience as a 3D Artist, Vista Artist, and/or Matte Painter.
• Demonstrable ability to create beautiful and effective matte paintings for games.
• Strong understanding of lighting, colors, compositions, and design.
• Mastery of relevant software packages such as Maya, Photoshop, Substance, and Zbrush.
• Strong understanding of scale, proportion, and surface properties.
• A portfolio of highly detailed 3D art with a focus on environments and variety of subject matter (buildings, props, natural landscapes, etc.) Portfolio should show quality, taste, and ability to hit a photorealistic/believable look.
• Prior experience working within a game engine is highly desirable, but not required.
• Technical and creative sensibilities with a strong artistic vision.
• Motivated, proactive self-starter.
• Passion for making and playing games.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com/perks.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1b60v-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.