Senior/Lead Tools Engineer (Respawn, WI)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when accomplished people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at https://respawn.com/studio
Respawn is looking for a Lead Tools Engineer who is passionate about developing world-class tools for game artists and designers. You will lead a team of engineers in our newly opened Madison WI office and participate in developing new features for the developers and designers of Apex Legends. You will have the chance to improve the productivity of others by leading the development of user-facing tools for our flagship game!
Reporting to a Technical Director, you will:
• Lead a team of accomplished software engineers focusing on the core features of different tools for Apex Legends.
• Design and implement tools and engine features.
• Build bridges with other partners to work towards this vision.
• Design and implement user interfaces for tools and pipelines.
• Fix bugs and maintain the codebase.
• Improve the game development pipeline and add new features to the engine and game editors.
• Support internal and external customers by prioritizing and solving issues from feedback.
What we're looking for
• 2+ years of experience leading engineering teams in the games industry
• 8+ years of experience having worked on and shipped large game projects
• You enjoy being a subject matter expert and the 'go-to' person for internal customers
• Excellent C++ skills
• Well versed in software engineering principles
• Experience writing UIs with a toolkit such as WPF, QT, or other
• Familiarity with an existing game engine and understanding of editor concepts
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwoowp-44-200-112-172-42 in your application.