Senior/Lead Gameplay Engineer (Respawn, WI)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when accomplished people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
Apex Legends is looking for a Lead Gameplay Engineer to come join us in expanding the Apex Universe at our growing Madison Wisconsin location.
Reporting to a Technical Director you will:
• Be a subject matter expert and mentor to a team of Gameplay Engineers
• Architect Solutions
• Be a programming generalist and contribute to multiple systems.
• Work on a game with fast, responsive controls, and fluid gameplay.
• Work with other engineers, producers, designers, artists, and animators to gather requirements and own feature development.
• Build and improve game systems.
• Proactively identify issues and fix bugs.
• Oversee a problem or feature and see it to resolution.
• Adapt to fast changing requirements.
• Balance immediate needs with focus on long-term scalability.
• Formal or informal experience as a Technical Team Lead
• You are internally motivated and can work with independence.
• You are comfortable jumping into a variety of unfamiliar code systems.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• You enjoy mentoring and learning from others.
• You are passionate about improving systems for performance, usability and scalability.
• Experience in at least one area of math, physics, rendering, gameplay or systems.
• Excellent C/C++ skills
• 7+ years of experience with large code bases and optimizing code, data, and bandwidth to improve both memory consumption and execution speed.
• 7+ years experience as an engineer on a game team
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxxxjo-18-232-31-255-42 in your application.