Lead Systems Engineer
Senior Gameplay Software Engineer - C++ (Apex Legends)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
• Work on a game with fast, responsive controls, and fluid gameplay.
• Work closely with designers, artists, and animators to gather requirements and own feature development.
• Build, improve, and maintain gameplay systems.
• Proactively identify issues and fix bugs.
• Own a problem or feature and see it to resolution.
• Passion for making and playing games.
• Excellent C/C++ skills. 5+ years of experience.
• Excellent math skills with an emphasis on 3D math.
• Experience with large code bases and optimizing code, data, and bandwidth to improve both memory consumption and execution speed.
• Console programming experience on a multiplayer AAA game.
5+ years of professional experience as an engineer on a game team
Nice to Have
• CS or Comp Eng degree preferred.
• Shipped multiple AAA titles
• Prior gameplay experience on a AAA shooter
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnkkw3-34-237-52-11-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.