Senior Gameplay Software Engineer - C++ (Apex Legends)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
• Generalist able to learn and contribute to multiple systems.
• Work on a game with fast, responsive controls, and fluid gameplay.
• Work closely with other engineers, producers, designers, artists, and animators to gather requirements and own feature development.
• Build, improve, and maintain game systems.
• Proactively identify issues and fix bugs.
• Own a problem or feature and see it to resolution.
• Adapt to fast changing requirements.
• Balance immediate needs with focus on long-term scalability.
• Highly internally motivated and can work with independence if needed.
• Comfortable jumping into a variety of unfamiliar code systems.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Enjoys mentoring and learning from others.
• Passionate about improving systems for performance, usability and scalability.
• Working experience in one or all areas of math, physics, rendering, gameplay or systems.
• Excellent C/C++ skills. 5+ years of experience.
• Experience with large code bases and optimizing code, data, and bandwidth to improve both memory consumption and execution speed.
• 5+ years of professional experience as an engineer on a game team
Nice to Have
• CS or Comp Eng degree preferred.
• Shipped multiple AAA titles
• Prior gameplay experience on a AAA shooter
• Console programming experience on a multiplayer AAA game
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1bnze-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.