Narrative Designer - Assignment
Remote / Virtual
Game Writer (Star Wars Team)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
Respawn Entertainment is looking for a highly-skilled mid to senior level Game Writer to join our Star Wars team! Our ideal candidate is passionate about the art of storytelling through interactive narratives and experienced in writing dialogue, scenes, story treatments, and supporting text for AAA games. We are picturing someone with strong narrative sensibilities who can embrace our game development philosophy and share their hard earned expertise to create an incredible experience for our players.
What you'll do...
• In collaboration with the narrative team and leads/directors, help develop compelling, engaging, and immersive narrative game experiences.
• Write outlines, story treatments, character guides, world guides, casting documents, and other supporting narrative content.
• Write concise and evocative dialogue in multiple voices.
• Promote best practices for storytelling that support our goals of an interactive narrative experience.
• Collaborate with other departments and assist their narrative-focused goals.
• Maintain documentation and support recording sessions and management of scripts.
• Assist as needed with marketing or other written company communications related to the project.
Ideally, you will have…
• 3+ years' experience of writing in a professional capacity.
• Experience as a game writer on shipped titles. AAA experience is ideal.
• Strong understanding of story and game development process.
• Passion for third-person action adventure games and the Star Wars™ universe.
• Strong understanding of how to work with other disciplines in a highly collaborative studio environment.
• Ability to process and react to feedback from multiple sources. The ability to self-critique and accept outside critique.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g67b6q-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.