Senior Environment Artist (Star Wars FPS Team)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
We are seeking a highly skilled Senior Environment Artist to join our Star Wars FPS team. Our ideal candidate has experience as a member of a AAA game team from concept to ship, as well as a rich portfolio which showcases their ability to create high quality, highly detailed in-game environments and props. We're picturing someone with strong world-building sensibilities who can embrace our philosophy and share their hard earned expertise to create an incredible experience for our players.
What you'll do…
• Bring life and excitement to the game through your design and implementation of high quality, believable 3D environments and assets.
• Create highly detailed and realistic textures/materials.
• Work closely with designers and art leads to ensure that environments and assets match quality bar and vision for the game.
• Ensure that art assets are performant, and fit within their memory budgets. Fix bugs as needed.
• Conduct research for reference material, participate in photo shoots and help build texture library.
• Follow schedule and deliver assets on time.
• Mentor other Environment Artists and lead by example.
Ideally, you will have…
• 5+ years professional experience as a 3D Artist for games, ideally with experience in a Senior level role. Experience working on AAA game/s through the full development cycle (from concept to ship) as an embedded member of a studio development team strongly preferred.
• Portfolio of highly detailed 3D art with a focus on environments and variety of subject matter (buildings, props, natural landscapes, etc.) Portfolio should show quality, taste, and ability to hit a photorealistic/believable look.
• Mastery of relevant software packages such as Maya, Photoshop, Substance, and Zbrush.
• Strong understanding of scale, proportion, and surface properties.
• Experience and strong understanding of game engine tools and pipelines such as UE5, Unity, Maya, and other proprietary tools.
• Ability to polish gameplay moments and environments to a AAA quality.
• Passion for making and playing games.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed!
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com/perks.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re1x37-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.