Lead UX Experience Researcher
Remote / Virtual
Senior Encounter Designer (Star Wars Team)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide.
Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond.
Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
We're looking for an experienced Senior Encounter Designer who will embrace our philosophy and share his/her hard earned expertise to help us create an incredible experience for our players
What you'll do...
• Work with design leadership, design team, artists, code, and animation departments to bring the next Star Wars adventure to life.
• Dream up challenging combat encounters, immersive wildlife moments, and engaging narrative moments, and own their technical implementation in engine.
• Solve a variety of challenging technical and creative problems in an efficient manner.
• Become an expert on the inner-workings of the encounter and AI systems and an extremely helpful wealth of knowledge for other team members to query on the inner-workings of these systems.
• Leverage the different creatures, NPCs, and AI cast to create moments and experiences that are more than a sum of their parts.
• Track-down complicated logic issues and design effective solutions.
• Directly impact the player's moment to moment experience in a very tangible way!
Ideally, you'll have...
• 3+ years' experience in the games industry working as a designer, shipping at least one title.
• Experience with text-based scripting, visual scripting, and/or programming languages.
• A passion for finding the fun and building gameplay driven encounters, moments and experiences
• Strong understanding of game engine tools and pipelines such as UE4, Unity, Maya, etc.
• A team player-mindset, understanding the importance of collaboration, and able to communicate effectively with all disciplines and departments.
• A positive, solution-oriented attitude and passion about the play experience, with a wealth of knowledge across a wide range of games.
• Confidence you can solve any problem.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com/perks.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d28965-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.