Senior Cinematic Artist (Star Wars Team)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide.
Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond.
Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
We are looking for a master of visual storytelling to translate our scripts to screen as our next Senior Cinematic Artist. Games are fast becoming the new medium for mature, emotionally evocative stories. As our Senior Cinematic Artist, you have a deep analysis of visual language, understanding of cinematography, composition, movement, staging and scene structure. You will help us make our stories reach into our viewers heart and ring a clear and powerful tone. While animation skills will be required, you thrive in the previs and shot design stage of production. If this sounds like you, we're very much looking forward to seeing your resume!
What you'll do…
• Under the guidance of the Cinematic Director, you will break down the visual shot design on a script. You will use efficient methods to convey your ideas.
• Partner with the Cinematic director to help establish tone, mood and lighting for the scene
• Collaborate with level designers to ensure the needs of the scenes are communicated and maintained
• Create 3D previs, either by hand keying or using shot mocap data
• Work with the Cinematic Animation Lead and cinematic animators to help maintain and cross pollinate the needs of the visual language.
• You will finalize camera animation for final scenes and operate the virtual camera on set.
Ideally, you will have…
• 7+ years professional experience in a relevant field (previs, layout, game cinematics)
• Experience creating world-class cinematics.
• Background in photography or cinematography.
• An understanding of visual storytelling, camera direction and mise-en-scène
• Good grasp of script analysis and understanding emotional subtext
• Experience in 3d packages with a focus on MotionBuilder and understanding of Maya.
• Familiarity with and appreciation of the Star Wars™ universe, stories, and lore.
• Passion for third-person action adventure games.
• Experience using video editing software.
• Familiarity with real-time engine technology.
• Background in martial arts, choreography, or dance is a plus.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com/perks.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvo7wn-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.