Senior Character Concept Artist (Star Wars FPS Team)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide.
Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond.
Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
We're looking for a highly skilled Senior Character Concept Artist to join our Star Wars FPS team. Our ideal candidate has a proven track record of creating stunning and beautiful characters through visually appealing and well-crafted concept pieces. In this role, you will create artwork that inspires, informs, and reinforces the gameplay and story. The primary focus of this role will be character design, but may also include creation of character props and marketing materials. We are picturing someone who can embrace our game development philosophy and share their hard earned expertise to create an incredible experience for our players.
What You'll Do…
As a Senior Character Concept Artist, you will report to the project Art Director and help them to realize their creative vision by illustrating and communicating an inspiring visual direction for our artists during production. You will join a team of passionate, creative professionals who love to learn and push their craft and imagination to even greater heights. In your role as Senior Character Concept Artist you will create memorable characters that exude a visually rich narrative that speaks to our players and breathes life into our virtual worlds.
• Help establish and convey the Art Director's vision through a wide array of concept art from sketches to paintings, storyboards, mood boards and paint-overs to support art, design, and storytelling.
• Develop character concepts, props, gear and a variety of cosmetics.
• Create style guides for outsourcing briefs and support our vendors with base material for them to work from.
• Seek feedback on your work and give feedback to other artists in your team.
• Contribute to a collaborative, service minded and learning culture.
Ideally, you will have…
• 5+ years of experience as a Concept Artist in the video games or film industry.
• A basic understanding of game engines.
• An artistic eye and understanding of multiple visual media and techniques.
• A broad knowledge of composition, perspective, color theory, anatomy, real-world materials, and lighting.
• Intermediate knowledge regarding typography and graphic design.
• Experience with at least one 3D software package to use 3D as a foundation for paint work and pre-viz.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed!
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com/perks.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxq3k4-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.