Senior Character Artist (New Incubation Team)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
Our new incubation team is looking for an accomplished and experienced Senior Character Artist. This is an opportunity to join a high-performing team and help create the vision and execution of a compelling, immersive experience at a critical time in development.
What you will do...
The character artist is an essential role in video game creation. You will create the cast of characters to populate the rich universe of the AAA action title. A character artist is a dynamic and efficient modeler with sculpting and texturing skills – able to create outstanding content along with an imagination that is always in motion. Someone who can create amazing models based on 2D concept art or 3D concept models.
What you will have....
• 5+ years of experience in video games. Film and television experience would also be considered.
• Production experience with character creation
• Excellent creature and human anatomical understanding.
• Sculpting, texturing and game-ready asset creation abilities.
• Experience with PBR materials and shaders.
• An understanding of clothing and cloth materials. .
• Knowledge of high fidelity modeling techniques, along with high-poly to low-poly surface/detail baking
• Expert knowledge of Maya, Max, Modo, or similar 3D modeling software
• Knowledge of PBR texture/material workflows
• Experience working with content-driven game engines (e.g. Unreal, Frostbite, Unity) is an advantage
• Visualize in three dimensions and work from limited reference material/concept art
• Have a sense of 'story' and character in a game asset – taking into account age, weathering and context
• Sense of proportion and composition with a eye for surface, colour, and detail
• Experience in cloth simulation is a desired skillset
• Experience in hard surface modeling is a benefit.
• Candidates who have a passion for morphs/blendshape is a big plus
• High fidelity renders of Character modeling and texturing
• Organic and hard surface modeling and texturing, including armor, weapons, etc.
• UV layout and all the maps used
• Assets surfaced using 3D paint software, e.g. Substance Painter / Mari
• Examples to demonstrate understanding of physically based material properties
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5p3wz-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.