Senior Build and Release Engineer (Apex Legends)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when accomplished people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
We're looking for a highly skilled Senior Build & Release Engineer who will embrace our culture and share their hard earned expertise to make and deliver builds to internal and external parties, and ensure that releases go smoothly.
We're picturing someone who is experienced in game development, passionate about the build process, has a strong working knowledge of build pipelines, and is eager to help our teams hit their development goals. If this sounds like you, we look forward to seeing your resume!
What you'll do…
• Assist with development and orchestration of deployment workflows as well as performing deployments.
• Develop and improve the technical build pipeline in C# and Groovy that automates and drives the build system and other related tooling
• Work as a technical liaison with development teams to address build issues and improvements.
• Collaborate across domain teams and QA on releases/updates and patches
• Help support our integration process, emergent work and deployments
• Help establish and mentor the Build & Release team on the industry best practices in DevOps and CI through good coding practices and participating in code reviews
Ideally, you will have…
• 3+ years of build engineering, working with consoles and first parties in a AAA games studio
• Previous experience working with GAAS or regular title updates
• Programming experience in C#/Java/OOP
• Scripting and automation skills in one or more of Groovy, Python, bash, or similar.
• Experience with automated build systems such as Jenkins, TeamCity or equivalent.
• Experience with Perforce or equivalent.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
Other qualities we look for…
• Experience with Ansible and VMWare/AWS
• Experience with the ELK stack, telegraf/zabbix and Grafana
• Experience with JIRA or equivalent.
• Must be self-driven and a team player with a solid work ethic.
• Passion for games.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Experience working with next gen game consoles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvy6nn-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.