Senior Build and Release Engineer- Cloud (Apex Legends)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
We're looking for a highly skilled Senior Build & Release Engineer who will embrace our culture and share their hard earned expertise to make and deliver builds to internal and external parties, and ensure that releases go smoothly.
We're picturing someone who is experienced in game development, passionate about the build process, has a strong working knowledge of cloud infrastructure, and is eager to help our teams hit their development goals. If this sounds like you, we look forward to seeing your resume!
What you'll do…
• Drive Architecture / Design of major initiatives in Build and Release
• Manage provisioning and set up automation for cloud rollouts (SDKs, software, settings changes)
• Set up monitoring for our cloud environment
• Build scaling to support burst into cloud
• Ensure redundancy and fast recovery on all portions of our tech
• Identify areas of improvements for our infrastructure including but not limited to utilization, provisioning and pooling/labeling
• Enhance monitoring to include all aspects of our setup (software/SDK versioning and VM setup, VM utilization, over/under provisioning of VMs, etc.)
• Mentor junior engineers
• Advocate and be a subject matter expert for the team on cloud capabilities
• Build self-service tooling
• Build relationships and liaise with central teams (QA, IT)
Ideally, you will have…
• Expertise on public cloud (one or more of Azure, Amazon, Google).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong perforce experience
• Expertise with Ansible/VMWare
• Experience with the ELK stack, telegraf/zabbix and Grafana
• Programming experience in one of C# / Java / another OOP language
• Self-driven autonomy and a team player with a solid work ethic
• 5+ years of software engineering experience
• Passion for making and playing games
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rop856-3-225-221-151-42 in your application.