Senior AI Engineer (Star Wars Jedi)
Senior Software Engineer - AI
Respawn is looking for a Senior Software Engineer specialized in AI systems to join the Jedi team on Unreal Engine 5. You will be expected to have primary ownership of several core AI systems such as navmesh, behaviors, etc. You will work closely with other departments to identify needs and priorities for systems you own, and shape the direction of development for the game's AI to help create a world-class gameplay and narrative experience for players.
• AI System Ownership: Design and develop advanced AI systems, tools, and pipelines that enhance and facilitate the creation of the game.
• Autonomy: As a Senior Engineer, you will be expected to drive requirement discussions with other departments, identify project needs, and prioritize your own task load with minimal oversight.
• Workflow Optimization: Evaluate workflows and ensure other teams can quickly and easily implement new functionality for AI using Unreal Engine 5.
• Ensure Quality: Be able to identify, diagnose, and solve issues as they arise in both gameplay and editor tooling for AI.
• Collaboration and Communication: Work closely with multiple departments, including designers, animators, programmers, and others, using iteration to ensure quality of the final product while meeting project goals and timelines.
• Documentation and Support: Document systems, APIs, and tools, providing clear instructions and guidelines to facilitate collaboration and future development. Provide technical support and troubleshooting assistance to the team as needed.
• Mentorship: As a Senior Engineer you will be expected to help mentor and grow other team members who are less knowledgeable in AI systems.
• AI Expertise: Strong knowledge of one or more areas related to AI systems, such as navmesh, pathfinding, decision making, state machines/trees, etc.
• Unreal Engine: Knowledge of AI systems and general core concepts of Unreal Engine 4 or 5 is a major plus.
• Programming Skills: Proficiency in C++.
• Problem-Solving: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to diagnose and resolve complex issues.
• Team Collaboration: Excellent communication and teamwork skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with diverse teams and adapt to changing project requirements.
• Passion for Game Development: Enthusiasm for the unique blend of science and art that is making video games, and the desire to push forward the state of the art.
'COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Pay offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $130,250 - $199,400 USD Annually
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $120,450 - $199,400 USD Annually
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $147,400 - $199,400 USD Annually
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $120,450 - $161,750 USD Annually
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $120,450 - $188,600 USD Annually
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $93,700 - $153,900 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. In the US, we offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity. For British Columbia, we offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity. '
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r14q30-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.