Rendering Engineer - (Star Wars FPS)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
In collaboration with Lucasfilm, the Star Wars FPS Team is developing a new AAA FPS in the Star Wars galaxy. Inspired by classic titles like Dark Forces and Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2, our story-driven single player game is being developed from the ground up leveraging the power of Unreal Engine 5. We're combining this inspiration and technology with Respawn's pedigree for making best-in-class shooters to deliver a brand new experience our players will love.
We are looking for a Rendering Engineer to join our growing team. We're building a new Star Wars experience and want to build upon the new technologies of Unreal Engine 5.
• Reporting to the Lead Rendering Engineer, you will develop and extend rendering features to help the team achieve the game vision
• Proactively identify issues, propose and implement solutions
• Share knowledge with content and technical team members
• 2+ years of game industry (or related) experience
• Strong programming skills with C/C++
• Experience with modern graphics APIs, render pipelines, and shader languages
• Experience with memory management, multithreading, or optimizing game performance
• Ability to evaluate qualitative issues in visuals and rendering quality
• Willing to embrace a remote-first approach to work and communication
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or relevant field
• Experience with Unreal Engine or console game development
• Familiarity with debugging tools such as RenderDoc or PIX
If this excites you, then we want to talk to you! This role is open to on-site, hybrid, or remote off-site work.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com/perks.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $125,050 - $191,050
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $113,900 - $191,050
• New Jersey (depending on location e.g. Jersey City vs. Trenton):
º $113,900 - $191,050
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $113,900 - $154,950
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $113,900 - $179,300
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqzjk6-18-206-92-240-42 in your application.