Production Lead (New Game Incubation Team)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order, and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You'll serve as the bedrock of the logistical and operational conscience of a very lean incubation team, reporting directly to the game director. This is a rare opportunity for motivated producers (in addition to more experienced candidates) looking for roles with higher scope, responsibility, and room to grow.
Why Join Us:
• Be part of a well-knit, lean team, where each person's contributions make a large impact, in a culture where you'll get to exercise an unusually high level of autonomy and responsibility.
• We empathize with the difficulty of production, especially when requirements are evolving. All our devs do lightweight self-production: basic task breakdowns, estimates, and timekeeping. Our intent is to help you help us, giving you bandwidth to make a positive impact at a higher level.
• You'll work directly with project leadership in an extremely flat structure.
• No crunch or overtime. We don't glorify this behavior. We do value protecting contiguous stretches of 'deep work' within normal work hours.
• We'll invest time, care and effort in your career growth, role evolution, and learning.
• Know the project's production context as it evolves, and help the team maintain awareness of it.
• Build, then refine schedules amidst evolving requirements.
• Help the team identify and procure the resources it needs to achieve project goals.
• Project risk management. (We'll familiarize you with our preferred approach as a start.)
• Raise warning flags when the team's ''Creative<->Logistical<->Culture and People'' aspirations don't align. You're the trusted advisor who presents the facts and figures, but puts the decision in the team's hands, with tie breaking and moderation from the game director.
• Protect the team's bandwidth. Talk to 3rd parties, screen inquiries by priority and value, and gather information on behalf of the team, to help everyone make informed and timely decisions.
• Help us keep lightweight self-production viable as the team grows.
• Active participation in building the team. Rotate through interview panels with all disciplines, help onboard staff, and help tend to team health and culture in open team discussions.
• Active participation in promoting and building an inclusive work environment.
• Presentations on behalf of the team when needed, at an audience-appropriate level of detail.
• Self-reflection, and proactively developing expertise in your craft.
• A high degree of initiative is most important, tempered by self-awareness, grace and diplomacy.
• Punctual and organized. Nothing gets past your radar or drops off of it unintentionally!
• Minimum 5 years production experience in game development projects of at least 50 people. You may have experienced a variety of team sizes, but prefer smaller scale teams.
• You understand the disciplines of a game dev team, and know how to apply that knowledge with empathy to creating schedules & staffing plans, and solving the unexpected.
• You value genuine connection and building relationships, and empathize well with others.
• Very comfortable with public speaking, and moderating group discussions and meetings.
• A past life in player-facing content creation, in any game dev discipline, is a major plus.
If all this inspires you, we'd love to hear from you. Don't let doubt deter you! We are an equal opportunity team excited about our journey. Please submit your resume to apply, and we'll get back to you once we have a chance to review. (Please note: We are open to considering long term remote WFH options for candidates within 3 hours of our PST timezone.)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5k147-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.