Release Manager - Riot Forge
Los Angeles, CA
Mobile | Senior Analytics Software Engineer - Respawn (Apex Legends Mobile)
Respawn Entertainment is hiring! We are a AAA video game development studio that aspires to create new hit games that leave a lasting impact for gamers worldwide. Our work includes the critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends and Titanfall franchise.
We developed the Star Wars™ action-adventure game Jedi: Fallen Order, virtual reality game Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond and are continuing development for our live free-to-play game, Apex Legends.
We're looking for an accomplished Senior Analytics Software Engineer to join our Mobile team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about making great games in a collaborative environment with a team of experienced professionals.
As a Senior Analytics Engineer you will report to the Technical Director for Mobile at Respawn and will develop and maintain the analytics tooling that powers game analysis and reporting.
You will work with Data Engineering and Product Management teams to build dashboards and self-service tooling that visualizes data providing insights related to our Mobile game.
On a typical day, the Senior Analytics engineer will spend time directly working with the partner teams to:
• Interview Product Managers and other leaders to collect analytics requirements.
• Define taxonomies.
• Be a primary Contact between Respawn and other partner teams.
• Validate the available metrics, perform gap analysis of what's missing/needed.
We ask that you are:
• Proficient in data and analytics technology.
• Create dashboards for Product Managers, Engineers, and other users.
• Support self-service power users with advanced querying.
• Define event descriptions and attributes, craft example code for game developers, and define flows through diagrams and documentation for the development team, based on requirements from analysts, PMs, and engineers.
• Oversee the list of all data events and attributes across all systems in the game.
Testing & Validation:
• In partnership with QA, create test plans for QA for all Telemetry event testing.
• In partnership with the Data Engineering team, create test plans for load testing for all Telemetry events and ETL testing.
• Operate as the primary liaison between QA, Data Engineering, and the game development team for all QA of data.
• Translate raw analytics needs/requests to engineering requirements.
• Understand the mechanics of the game to answer data engineers' questions
• Leverage several scripting and programming languages to integrate with different systems.
• Suggest, leverage and build upon existing Commercial off the shelf products for cloud pipelines.
• Be the first contact for the game team, the Data Management team, and the Analytics team for all things related to data and analytics engineering / technology.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
• 10+ years' experience working with Analytic tooling, Data pipelines, Relational databases, and visualization tools.
• Experience with partnering and collaboration with engineering teams and partners for requirements definition.
• An understanding of analytics data warehouse technologies such as Snowflake, BigQuery, and similar technologies.
• Experience collaborating between technical and non-technical teams.
• Experience using analytics tools such as QlikView, Qlik Sense, Tableau, PowerBI, Looker, and similar.
• Experience working with Databases, Building Schemas, Validating Data using Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery, Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL and similar technologies.
• Experience with a cloud-based data-warehousing system (e.g. Snowflake).
• Excellent SQL skills - DML and DDL - able to write complex SQL, multi-table joins and unions, to create dimensional models.
• Strong analytical skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
• Expert in researching troubleshooting techniques and best practices and use of new technologies.
• Bonus Qualification: Fluent in both English and Mandarin.
• Bonus Qualification: Experience working with ML technologies for Data modeling, forecasting.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.