Senior AI Software Engineer
Remote / Virtual
Live Service Tools Engineer- Frontend (Apex Legends)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
As a Live Service Tools Engineer, you will amplify the ability of your fellow teammates to deliver the live service experience players want. The Live Service Tools group does not work in isolation: they partner closely with gameplay, online tech, product management, and more to design and implement team-facing features. Many of these features encompass work in the online code space.
The Live Service Tools Engineer will help to gather requirements from internal team stakeholders, implement live service tools, and work side by side with other engineers.
• Work closely with internal stakeholders to gather requirements and prioritize needs.
• Design and develop live service tooling.
Write clear and concise documentation to support process and tooling.
• Mentor tools engineers and coach / guide them.
• Participate in project planning, in partnership with the Production team.
• Work hands-on in tool development.
• Passion for making and playing games.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• 4+ years of experience in Software Development.
• Strong background with modern frameworks such as Angular, React, or Vue.
• Experience with backend API / service consumption. .
Nice to have
• Have built software with TypeScript, Go, Python, C++, or similar languages
• Experience with asset pipelines.
• Experience developing console games.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm8px3-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.