Santa Monica Studio
Los Angeles, CA
Lighting Artist (Apex Legends)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide.
Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond.
Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
What You'll do...
• Work with other domain team leaders such as Concept, Modeling, VFX and Character
• Familiar with real-time lighting packages and giving idea in lighting workflow and rendering improvement
• Work and review with AD directly, making best suggestion
• Use lighting to emphasize drama or narrative, and to establish/clarify location, weather, time of day
• Respect and follow an established design theme for a sequence or project
• Refer to relevant production designs and apply visual style faithfully, taking care to maintain continuity throughout the scene and game
• Ensure that the lighting fits within game performance standards
• You should work well within a team and pipelines
• You will provide high-quality work
• You can receive feedback and adapt to it
• Seek ways and ideas to improve lighting workflow and rendering
You will have...
• Degree or Diploma in an art-related subject such as Visual Effects, Computer Animation, Film Production, Photography.
• Have shipped titles as a lighting artist with 3 years' experience in software game development
• Build lighting in game engine with different lighting passes such as direct and indirect lighting passes for exterior and interior in large scale maps
• Identify lighting issues and apply fix on lightmapped and vertex lit geometries
• Work lighting knowledge of Maya, or other commercial 3D packages
• Edit images in mainstream software such as Photoshop
• Experience with portrait lighting, stage lighting, or architectural lighting
• Knowledge of color theory, composition, light, and form
• Work from reference materials and concept
• Create polygonal modeling, and texture UV is considered an assets
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzk691-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.