Lighting Artist (Star Wars Jedi Team)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide.
Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond.
Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
We're looking for a highly skilled Lighting Artist who will embrace our philosophy and share their
hard earned expertise to create an incredible experience for our players. We're picturing someone who
is both knowledgeable and passionate about creating visually stunning lighting of characters and
What you'll do…
• Effectively and efficiently lighting levels using Unreal Engine 4.
• Proactively work with Art Directors and Level Artists to establish the lighting and post process
• effects such as camera exposure, atmosphere, color correction, bloom, etc.
• Understand how lighting affects game design and the player experience.
• Champion the lighting of the player and player path as well as artistically creating a visually
• interesting scene that fits into the style of the game universe.
• Work with concept art to establish the lighting and mood of a scene.
• Help improve lighting standards and documentation that can be shared and learned by the
• entire team.
• Facilitate requests from Design, Art, Engineering and QA.
Ideally, you will have…
• 3+ years professional game development experience as a Lighting Artist. Record of success
• creating art for AAA titles preferred. Prior experience on a 3rd person action-adventure title is
• Shipped game(s) as a Lighting Artist preferred (from concept to ship).
• Mastery in lighting fundamentals: how lighting affects mood, gameplay, and frame rate in
• real-time environments.
• Good working knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 is a major plus.
• Proficiency in software such as Maya, Photoshop, Perforce etc.
• Demonstrable expert level understanding of physically based materials and workflow.
• Demonstrable expert level understanding of physically based lighting and real-world dynamic
• Expert level understanding of photography, composition, color correction and post effects.
• Strong understanding of global illumination and ray tracing techniques.
• Proficiency in level art generation in regards to real-time lighting techniques such as materials,
• light probes, occlusion, etc.
• Effective time management and communication skills.
• Passion for making and playing games.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will
get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a
member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn96o1-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.