Lead Technical Game Designer (Apex Legends)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide.
Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond.
Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
We're looking for an experienced Lead Technical Designer who will embrace our philosophy and share their hard-earned expertise to create an incredible experience for our players.
What You'll do...
• Create and maintain high-quality gameplay components and tools
• Collaborate with other disciplines to implement core game mechanics, ensuring they make for the best possible gameplay experience
• Support and grow your teammates through knowledge-sharing, debugging, training, and writing technical design documentation
• Set priorities and goals for your work, together with important partners
• Help the content team to be more creative, by using their feedback to improve their workflow
• Create long-term plans for content implementation (gameplay systems and tools)
• Develop and advocate best practices to the content team
• Proactively communicate with others, to guide your work forward
• Participate in the critique of your work, and the work of others
• Look for opportunities to learn new skills to benefit your growth, your team, and the studio
You will have...
• 10+ years of experience as a technically-oriented game designer, with multiplayer experience
• At least one shipped AAA game
• Expertise in text-based scripting, visual scripting, or other programming languages
• Proficient at debugging
• Understand the importance of documentation and teaching others
• Enjoy problem-solving with a creative team
• Value documentation and healthy communication
• Broad taste in games
You will get bonus points...
• Bachelors in Computer Science (or equivalent)
• Experience developing and managing complex game systems (combat state machines, AI)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro3pb4-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.