Platform Integrations Systems Engineer
Lead Systems Engineer - C++ (Respawn)
Lead Systems Engineer
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when accomplished people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
• Work closely with other engineers to understand and solve complex architectural issues
• Troubleshoot issues and find a proper resolution.
• Be a technical leader for Apex Legends and help drive process improvements and set high quality standards
• Help grow and mentor a team of gameplay engineers of varying skill levels
• Report to Technical Director
• Capable of owning major, cross cutting technical initiatives and driving them to completion
• Solid C/C++ skills. 3+ years
• Passion for making and playing games.
• Proficient in Microservices Architecture / Web Infrastructure / REST / Protobuf / TLS
• Experience integrating complex SDKs into large engines with multiple moving pieces
• Experience with large code bases and experience optimizing code and data to improve both memory consumption and execution speed.
Nice to Have
• Shipped at least one AAA title
• Degree -Bachelor's CS/Math or higher. ( Or Equivalent work experience)
• Engineering experience working with consoles (Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft)
• Engineering experience working with window PC ( Microsoft/Steam/Origin)
• Solid foundation in TCP and UDP networking.
• Prior professional experience as a respected engineer on a game team.
• Comfortable in/with Windows, Linux, Perforce, Visual Studio, curl, PHP, LUA/Squirrel
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq8nk6-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.