Lead Software Engineer
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when accomplished people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Software Engineer, focused on Rendering, to join our team on an unannounced project. As a key member of our growing Engineering Team, you'll be trusted to scope, design, and implement cutting edge rendering features while driving development of the tools and pipeline. You will empower artists and game designers to achieve their goals while finding opportunities to introduce, adapt, and optimize new graphics technologies to give our players the best possible experience.
• Modify core shaders and develop new rendering technologies
• Perform platform-specific optimizations to achieve target framerates
• Integrate internally developed or third party solutions to solve rendering-related problems
• Consult with game teams to assess technical requirements and areas of improvement
• Identify industry trends in rendering, identify potential areas of investment for future R&D
• Work in a mixed internal, distributed, and outsourced team
• 4+ years of industry or related experience working on AAA titles
• Strong 3D math skills
• Strong C/C++ and optimization experience
• Current and Next-Gen console experience
• Strong understanding and familiarity with current Unreal Engine technology
• Exposure to third-party content creation tools like 3dsMax, Maya, Substance Painter, and Z-Brush in terms of how they can function in a graphics pipeline.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume, and we will get back to you once we have reviewed it.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com/perks.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxny7z-3-236-239-91-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.