Lead Environment Artist (Star Wars FPS Team)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
The Star Wars FPS team is looking for a highly skilled Lead Environment Artist who will embrace our philosophy and share his/her hard earned expertise to create an incredible experience for our players. We're picturing someone who is passionate about world-building and experienced in creating high quality, highly detailed in-game environments and props.
What you'll do...
• Bring life and excitement to the game through your design and implementation of high quality, believable 3D environments and assets.
• Oversee environment art efforts, create and adhere to art schedule and deliver assets on time.
• Adhere to overall art direction and vision. Work closely with designers to ensure that environments and assets match quality bar and vision for the game.
• Create highly detailed and realistic textures/materials.
• Ensure that art assets are performant, and fit within their memory budgets. Fix bugs as needed.
• Conduct research for reference material, participate in photo shoots and help build texture library.
• Develop, motivate, and mentor team members. Create opportunities for challenge and growth.
Ideally, you'll have...
• 7+ years' professional game development experience in a senior or lead Environment Artist/3D Artist role. Record of success creating art for major titles desired.
• Shipped games as a Lead Environment Artist/Lead 3D Artist required (from concept to ship.)
• Experience supervising an art team.
• Portfolio of highly detailed 3D art with a focus on environments and variety of subject matter (buildings, props, natural landscapes, etc.) Portfolio should show quality, taste, and ability to hit a photorealistic/believable look.
• Mastery of relevant software packages such as Maya, Photoshop, Substance, and Zbrush.
• Strong understanding of scale, proportion, and surface properties.
• Experience working within a game engine and implementing 3D work into engine.
• Passion for making and playing games.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed!
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com/perks.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb19qk-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.