Hard Surface Artist - Temporary (Star Wars Team)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide.
Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond.
Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
We're looking for a Hard Surface Artist who is passionate about modeling everything hard surface – vehicles, droids, weapons, props, etc. As a Hard Surface Artist with our team you will leverage your in-depth knowledge of and interest in how mechanical things work and your passion for functionality. You will bring your flair for elegant texturing to the table – you think carefully about how a hard surface prop is utilized and where to place wear and scratches at just the right amount. You will work closely with other developers to ensure your assets are designed well both artistically and for gameplay.
What you'll do…
• Create highly detailed and believable 3D models and textured art for various hard surface assets such as vehicles, droids and weapons.
• Follow direction of art leads. Ensure that assets fit artistically into environment and overall look/feel of game.
• Assist with environment and prop art as needed.
• Participate in research and development.
• Conduct research for reference materials, participate in photo shoots and help build texture library.
• Follow schedule and deliver assets on time.
• Provide feedback and be receptive to artistic feedback from your teammates and lead.
Ideally, you'll have…
• A passion for the Star Wars universe
• 3+ years' experience as a 3D artist.
• Portfolio of highly detailed 3D art with a focus on hard surface. Both modeling and texturing skills should be showcased.
• Portfolio should show quality, taste, and the ability to hit a photorealistic/believable look.
• Mastery of standard art packages such as Maya, Photoshop, Substance Painter and Zbrush/3DCoat.
• Strong understanding of scale, proportion, and surface properties.
• Experience working with UE4 or other game engines and implementing 3D work into the engine. Technical savvy with UE4, specifically materials and shaders are a major plus.
• Character modeling skills are a major plus.
• Shipped AAA game/s a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro3xn2-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.