Hard Surface Artist (Apex Universe FPS Incubation)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order, and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talents in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Mid-Level 3D Hardsurface Artist to help build a brand new Respawn single-player adventure.
This new single-player title is a developer's dream playground with the freedom to innovate made possible by the unique universe it inhabits. Our critically acclaimed, multi-platform games have always established a ''fun comes first'' sensibility created with the notion that great ideas can come from anyone, which allows creativity to shine and individuals to shape the game in meaningful ways.
• Hard Surface Asset Creation – Assets including Weapons, Vehicles, Props, and a variety of assets not limited to hard surface modeling.
• Working in a Team - Operate effectively with guidance from Art Director (AD) and Lead. Occasionally partner with other artists and/or under senior artist's guidance.
• Collaboration – Expected to proactively work with other departments independently. Partnering with departments such as animation, concept, and VFX to find solutions or design requirements.
• Team Support – Capable of assisting other team members with challenges such as workload support, and other general needs that may come up at a moment notice.
• Technical Support – Assist AD and Lead in contributing to quality-of-life improvements for workflows and documentation. Testing new tools and providing feedback.
• Operating Proprietary Tools – Can work proficiently with in-house tools and game engine.
• 3+ years of production experience primarily as a Hard Surface Artist
• Proficient 3D modeling with emphasis on Hard Surface
• Building assets not just aesthetically but in consideration of design, function, gameplay, and optimization
• Experiences working in collaboration with other disciplines
• Communicates effectively with Email, Slack, and Zoom
• Substance Painter and Marmoset for bakes and texture
• Maya as a primary 3D application
• Some understanding of mechanical design
• Strong understanding of PBR
• Comprehensive knowledge of some mainstream or proprietary game engines
• Proficient in at least a secondary modeling program for high-res modelings such as Blender, Zbrush, Marvelous Designer, or equivalent
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r79y0p-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.