Gameplay Software Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
Gameplay Software Engineer (Respawn) - C++
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
• Build and maintain gameplay systems in C/C++.
• Work closely with designers, artists, and animators to gather requirements and own feature development.
• Proactively identify and deal with issues.
• Work on a game with fast, responsive controls, and fluid gameplay.
• Passion for making and playing games.
• Solid C/C++ skills. 1+ years of experience
• Excellent math skills with an emphasis on 3D math.
• Experience with optimization and networking.
Nice to Have
• CS or Comp Eng degree preferred.
• Shipped at least one AAA title
• Prior gameplay experience on a AAA shooter
• Console programming experience on a AAA game.
• Prior professional experience as an engineer on a game team.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp1140-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.