Game Security Analyst (Apex Legends)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide.
Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond.
Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
Respawn Entertainment is looking for a Games Security Analyst to help support anti-cheat initiatives for Apex Legends. We are looking for someone with a deep understanding of our game, anti-cheat philosophies, and who is passionate about game security principles.
What You'll do...
• Investigate reported cheaters, cheats, exploits, and any other bad behavior that affects the game. Document and communicate findings.
• Work with teams across EA to effectively guide the use of their resources in the battle against cheaters.
• Document and propose new internal processes or improvements.
• Monitor various metrics and KPIs to identify bad behaviours impacting the health of the game.
• Monitor the landscape of cheaters and cheat communities to document the latest trends and activities, as well as raising flags when needed to alert others.
• Assist in driving implementation of new anticheat solutions and processes
You will have...
• Familiarity (intermediate, or at least beyond basics?) of different types of cheats and how they work, particularly for FPS games.
• Experience with anti-cheat technologies.
• Experience with how online games work, including rendering, networking, and databases.
• Knowledge of a programming language that can be used for scripting, such as Python.
You'll Get Bonus Points If You Have...
• Experience querying large datasets with SQL
• Familiarity with account security and account takeover trends.
• Experience working with customers for account or security related concerns
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7nomp-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.