Full Time Job
Game Security Analyst
- Full Time
Game Security Analyst (Apex Legends)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide.
Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond.
Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
We're looking for a skilled Game Security Analyst for our Apex Legends game. As the anti-cheat champion you will help guide various security projects and keep our games fun for players through defense against cheaters, hackers, exploiters, and all troublemakers. If you're interested in creatively building our defensive walls against cheaters, this may be the job for you.
• Investigate reported cheaters, cheats, exploits, and any other disruptive or negative behavior that affects the game. Document findings.
• Write database queries to identify bad behavior from the game data
• Document and propose new internal processes or improvements.
• Monitor various metrics to identify disruptive behaviors affecting the health of the game.
• Monitor the landscape of cheaters and cheat communities to document the latest trends and activities, and raise flags when needed to alert others.
• Familiarity of different types of game cheats and how they work for FPS games.
• Experience with anti-cheat technologies.
• Experience with how online games work, including rendering, networking, and databases.
• Experience querying large datasets with SQL
• Basic knowledge of a programming language that can be used for scripting, such as Python.
• Familiarity with account security and account takeover trends.
• Experience working with customers for account or security related concerns
• Passion for something in the realm of security
• Avid FPS player (extra points for Apex Legends)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmxkp3-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.