Los Angeles, CA
Technical Artist (Star Wars Team)
Respawn Entertainment is hiring! Learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
We're looking for a highly-skilled Technical Artist who will embrace our philosophy and share his/her hard earned expertise to provide support to our Art teams and act as a gateway between code and art. We're picturing someone who will work on features from an artist's perspective in regards to both in game needs and tools workflow – performing research and developing a test bed for tools before they reach main production, so the production artists can move fast and implement assets according to schedule.
What you'll do...
• Preserve, improve, and document our current set of Art tools.
• Troubleshoot and prioritize artist issues with tools and art creation workflow.
• Work with engineers to get features running and tested before main production.
• Research and develop new software to facilitate more efficient content production.
• Work closely with engineers, artists, and designers to pinpoint game performance and memory usage issues.
Ideally, you'll have…
• 5+ years' game industry tech artist experience.
• Portfolio that demonstrates relevant tech art experience in games (tools, pipelines, etc.)
• In depth expertise on relevant 3D and 2D software packages. Demonstrable strong understanding of relevant tools and technology.
• Strong understanding of game engines and art integration.
• Ability to talk about R&D, how you evaluate and test new software for use in development.
• Strong understanding of pipelines and how to optimize them.
• Experience on at least one AAA title.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! You can read more about these at respawn.com/perks.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.