Mobile Senior Analytics Software Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
Software Engineering Manager (Respawn)
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA game development studio that shipped Titanfall and Titanfall 2 to critical acclaim, and shipped a free-to-play battle royale game in the Titanfall universe, Apex Legends. We are hiring for our Star Wars™ and Apex Legends game development teams. The opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talents in the industry awaits our future team members.
.What does an Engineering Manager do?
As an Engineering Manager, your primary responsibility will be to lead a team of 4 to 8 engineers in building, testing, and operating our tools, services, and automation for our Quality Assurance teams. Most of your time will be spent working shoulder to shoulder with the team delivering new features that promote a better quality experience for our players while improving performance, reliability, and scalability of those services.
You will report to a Director of Engineering and as a people manager, you will help shape people's careers and mentor the team in growing and reaching their full potential.
You will be a part of Respawn's approach for ensuring its games meet the highest possible software quality standards in a fun environment.
As a line manager of an engineering team
• You hire and onboard new team members.
• You coach the team to increase collaboration, code quality, and best practices.
• You create a learning culture to grow the team's ability to sustainably achieve the team's goals.
• You promote discussions to help the team to make decisions.
• You monitor workload and coach team members on handling stress.
• You Provide feedback to help your team support career development and learning.
• You recognize team members and align rewards with performance.
• You interview and hire engineers according to resource planning.
Strategy and Planning:
• Work with engineers and leadership on technical requirements for new services and new features to both balances driving down technical debt and making forward-looking technical.
• Provide input for high-level planning (resource planning, effort estimate, impact/priority/risk/dependency assessment)
• Work with customers and product owners to understand their needs and use cases for our services
• Promote improvements (process, tooling) to increase engineering productivity and product quality.
As a project manager for the team
• You coordinate with engineering partners and product owners to prioritize work
• You determine the resource requirements to meet goals and drive team planning
• You work with development managers to achieve new value using Agile development practices in a distributed development environment.
• You track development work, monitor workload, and communicate progress against commitments
• You create and help implement process improvements for the team
• 5 or more years leading teams
• Experience managing direct reports and growing engineers in an Agile organization
• Technical background that enables you to coach engineers in their trade
• Experience with all phases of the product development lifecycle, including requirement definition, development, test, and product release
• Good knowledge of collaborative tools such as Jira
• Leadership experience in a high-tech company.
• Experience in the game industry.
• Experience working with C++, C#, or Java.
• Knowledge of relational or NoSQL database.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We realize it takes outstanding people to make excellent games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
We love to celebrate our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, pension plans, bonuses and RSU's, tuition reimbursement, free video games, and more!
As part of the application process, we might ask you to perform a practical work test. We look forward to receiving your application!
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.