Senior VFX Artist
Los Angeles, CA
Senior VFX Artist (Star Wars Team)
Respawn Entertainment is hiring! Learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
We're looking for a highly skilled Senior VFX Artist who will embrace our philosophy and share his/her hard earned real-time rendered VFX expertise to create an incredible experience for our players. We're picturing someone who is passionate about world-building and experienced in creating high quality, in-game environment dynamics (destruction, particle effects, etc.) If this sounds like you, we're looking forward to seeing your resume!
What you'll do...
• Bring life and excitement to the game through your design and implementation of compelling realistic visual effects.
• Coordinate with Art, Design and Animation to ensure VFX match the quality bar and vision for the game.
• Fix VFX related bugs, including performance and budget issues.
• Help to improve technical pipelines and VFX creation techniques/tools.
• Assist in research and development.
Ideally, you will have...
• 5+ years professional experience as an effects artist.
• Experience working within a game engine.
• Demonstrable ability to create beautiful and affecting VFX for games, film/tv, or a combination of both.
• Both technical and creative with a strong artistic vision.
• Motivated, proactive self-starter.
• Strong understanding of particle systems.
• Mastery of relevant software packages such as Photoshop, After Effects and Maya.
• Passion for making and playing games.
• Shipped AAA games preferred.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! You can read more about these at respawn.com/perks.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.