Live Development Director
Los Angeles, CA
Senior Game AI Software Engineer - C++ (Respawn)
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA video game development studio that aspires to create new hit games that leave a lasting impact for gamers worldwide. Our work includes the critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends and Titanfall franchise.
We developed the Star Wars™ action-adventure game Jedi: Fallen Order, virtual reality game Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond and are continuing development for our live free-to-play game, Apex Legends.
• Take features from start to finish, working on any related parts necessary and work with design, animation and engineering teams.
• Report to the engineering lead.
• Architect code to make AI that seems smart, and is fun to kill or otherwise work with.
• Maintain knowledge of AI systems to support designers, animators, and other engineers.
• Write code in C/C++ and other appropriate languages.
• Work on non-AI tasks when needed.
• Maintain, and extend a code base and write new code from scratch.
• Experience with code/data and multithreading optimizations.
• 5+ years experience
• Excellent 3D Math skills.
• Experience with Unreal Engine.
• Fluency in C/C++.
• You enjoy making lifelike NPC's.
Other qualities we look for…
• Ability and desire to contribute to and improve all aspects of a game.
• Computer science, mathematics, physics or related degree.
• Strong game design experience.
• Desire to work on a title that takes place in a galaxy far far away.
• Willing to combat the evils of the empire.
• Passion for games.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnke2m-3-227-0-150-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.