Senior Cinematic Producer (Star Wars Team)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com'/studio.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Cinematic Producer to join our Star Wars team. We're picturing someone passionate about the technical and creative processes behind AAA game cinematics, who will embrace our philosophy and share their hard earned expertise to help us create an incredible experience for our players. In this role, the Senior Cinematic Producer will be a key production liaison for our Cinematic team and capture partners, responsible for ensuring effective collaboration both on and offstage and for facilitating communication across the team to help us hit our development goals. If this sounds like you, we're looking forward to seeing your resume!
What you'll do...
• Perform as primary production support for the team's efforts in the creation of impactful, high quality in-game cinematics and cutscenes.
• Work with the Game Director, Production Director, and department leads to ensure that all cinematics are completed on time and within budget.
• Represent the team as the main point of contact with all external partners involved in the cinematic pipeline.
• Act as a conduit of communication, supporting collaboration across animation, art, design, capture, lighting, and audio departments to facilitate the creation of cinematics, interactive narrative content and scripted events. Track and communicate progress across pre-visualization, cinematic design, realization and integration.
• Foster our development culture onstage and off which provides continuous feedback, support, and empowerment.
• Manage scheduling needs, productivity towards milestones, and overall production efforts. Take meeting notes and publish them to the team. Monitor budgetary considerations.
• Prep for performance capture shoots with main and supporting cast, technicians, directors, stage hands, and creative talent. Track progress against shoot schedules, development schedules, and final deliverables.
• Work closely with the Production team and department leads, keeping them informed of progress and latest developments. Raise awareness of issues, and help remove roadblocks.
• Identify and help alleviate any discrepancies across development efforts. Keep track of dependencies and address red flags as needed.
• Constantly evaluate whether awareness is being maximized and adjust strategy as needed.
• Combat inertia, act as a force to keep moving things forward.
• Identify and help resolve any team issues.
• Constantly evaluate and iterate to improve production and development processes.
• Partner effectively with other team members to support overall efforts of the department, and help define and encourage production best practices.
Ideally you will have...
• Experience as a Senior Producer seeing a AAA game(s) through the full development cycle, from concept to ship. 5+ years' experience as an embedded member of a studio development team is strongly preferred.
• Understanding of how in-game cinematics and cutscenes affects game design and the player experience. Experience working with cinematic pipelines and workflows is ideal.
• Deep and demonstrable knowledge of game development operations, and experience in implementing and managing project management principles and practices.
• Proactive tendencies and an endless motor. Sense of urgency and a desire to get things done.
• Strong intuition. A knack for predicting'/catching issues before they come up.
• Outstanding risk management abilities. Stays ahead of any potential problems and proposes sound solutions.
• Detail oriented but also focused on the big picture. Sees the forest but knows everything about the trees.
• Deeply organized and can prioritize effectively. Ability to juggle many tasks at once.
• Solid analytical and problem-solving skills. Able to work on complex problems where analysis of situations requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, and strong emotional intelligence skills.
• Ability to build strong partnerships at every level. The kind of person that people want to work for and work with.
• Empathy for fixing the problems of others, respect for others' time. Ability to self-motivate and help motivate others. Strong people skills.
• Mastery of relevant scheduling and project tracking software (Excel, MS Project, JIRA.)
• Intense passion for video games.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com'/perks.